4 tips for making the most of a near infrared sauna
Prioritize your health and wellness with a near infrared sauna at home
When it comes to promoting overall health and wellness, saunas certainly rank high on the list. Fortunately, you no longer need to rely on a gym membership to reap the many rewards of regular sauna use. With innovative near infrared (NIR) light saunas, you can now safely and conveniently use a sauna at home – without breaking the bank.
If you’re considering an at home NIR sauna, we have four tips to help you make the most of your sauna and start soaking up the benefits.
Establish a routine
With a NIR sauna at home, you’re able to enjoy sauna benefits on a regular basis. However, as with any new wellness activity, it’s important to establish a routine to encourage and sustain your activity. We have found that our clients get the most use of their sauna when they have an established routine. This may take the shape of picking a general time of use, such as in the morning, afternoon, or evening. And it’s also helpful to have a plan and align sauna use with other activities, such as first thing in the morning before a shower.
Dedicate a space
Creating a calm and inviting environment can enhance your NIR sauna experience. You may be fortune enough to dedicate a whole room to your sauna, but a nook can also work with a portable NIR light array. As you determine the best space to relax and rejuvenate, Sauna Comfort offers three types of sauna use:
- Portable light array: ranging from one to four blubs, use on their own within any space, such as a nook in a room or even take traveling with you.
- Wood enclosure: custom built to fit your space, these enclosures are 100% basswood, have no off-gassing, and are more permanent – although they can be disassembled and moved.
- Fabric enclosure: fabric with an all wood frame allows you to trap in the heat while also allowing you to easily take down and store or use as a room divider when not in use.
In general, know that you have options, and your space doesn’t need to be elaborate. But the more special you make your space, the more likely you are to use it.
Bring your essentials
Once you have your space and NIR sauna, there is little you need to worry about to start getting the benefits of sauna light therapy. To create even more ease, we have a list of what you’ll need for your regular use:
- Water: hydration is key as you sweat
- Towel: sweating can be induced and towel to keep dry and wipe up afterwards is recommended
- Seat: comfort should be a top priority and you can choose from our Mighty Comfy Stool to a seating plan of your own choosing
- Tunes and earbuds (or speaker): completely optional but definitely recommended for listening to your favorite music or even a guided meditation
Be in tune with your body
Whether you found a NIR sauna out of a desire for overall health and wellness or to alleviate a specific issue, you may already have a general idea on how you plan to use your NIR lights. To maximize the benefits, be aware of what your body may need or how it’s reacting to the lights. For some, this may mean more focused attention to a specific area of your body or it may mean taking your time easing into the light therapy by gradually increasing your time spent in the sauna.
Ready to put these tips into action? Explore our near infrared sauna light therapy products.